Sunday 31 July 2016

Volunteers late summer and autumn 2016


Thanks go to the final of the season’s volunteers.   We crowned Emma from the US, `label queen’, after she spent days and days writing and then stamping wine names onto labels. She also painted various signs and worked weddings not to mention sharing anti-Trump tirades.

Caro from Hamburg worked weddings and cooked and helped wherever she could. Lucky lass went on to have a fantastic trip north which included working at an elephant sanctuary.

And here for two months between school and his studies was Jonas from Germany.  His family own a large distillery and he came to get experience in wine. Jonas was very helpful in the winery, and labelled his fair share of wine. He also became renowned for glass polishing before weddings.


And then just an additional note we had a lovely visit from Sven and Geri, once volunteers now friends. They are hoping to return to Cape Town to spend much more extended time and although they would be based in Cape Town, we know we will see lots of them on the farm.


Comments

Caro (Hamburg)
 My two weeks on Fynbos Estate were a refreshing time. I stopped here between my travels around the South African coast. Right from the start I felt like being part of the farm, part of the family and fully embedded in the farm dynamics. I worked with lovely staff and enjoyed being with all the lovely animals. I spent time in the wine cellar helping to clean old bottles and making room for the new harvest. Besides, I did some wine labelling, I renovated the sign for the restaurant and cooked with Johan in the kitchen. On the wedding weekend I was part of the helping staff. I really enjoyed the nature in that rural place and that I could work with my hands.
The farm is situated in awesome landscape, surrounded by a mountain range. On my days off I did some hiking enjoying the beautiful view over the valley and over several vineyards. Thanks to the lovely place and the lovely people. Thank you for having me!

Emma (USA)
Hey guys you know that you guys are all amazing and the farm is amazing and I don’t want to leave, and will be back for sure

Jonas (Westawald)

It was a very good experience for me. Thank you. 

No comments: