Thursday 15 September 2011

Fynbos encapsulated

We recently asked friends and visitors to try and describe what it is about Fynbos that they love and
what they thought made the place special or unusual. We have received a few different answers, this
for me was closest to encapsulating what Fynbos means to me . . .

I am sure you have got all sorts of appropriate replies but I have so struggled to find the essence of what I feel about Fynbos.

Fynbos isn’t just a place but it’s a whole collection of animae or spirits – of people of plants of animals of spaces of mountains of moon and stars – that work together to provide a connection to what’s important but also to what’s fun and light.

It always feels like I’ve come home when I come to Fynbos. That’s the bottom line. I think so often about it as a place to be.

Im afraid that’s the best I can do…

No comments: